Over the last week, I was blessed with the opportunity to wind down and relax in beautiful, sunny Rainbow Bay in Queensland, Australia. My wonderful friends, Janet & Rino, invited me to join them on their family holiday and I had an incredible time!
I loved feeling so alive and in the moment, and I also discovered two new joys on this trip:
- Taking a refreshing dip in the ocean straight after my morning jog along the beach; and
- Spending time at the beach by myself – despite living minutes away from the beach in Sydney, this is something I’ve never done!
As I sat back on the balcony, overlooking the aqua blue water and listening to the soothing sound of waves crashing below, I thought about how easy it is to feel grateful when you’re on vacation and free from the pressures of every day life.
One of the most powerful ways to live abundantly every single day is to capture the essence of gratitude and experience it daily – and ideally, all day long. The challenge for a lot of people, though, is how to feel grateful when that happy holiday feeling fades away.
Gratitude has become quite a ‘buzz’ word in the Personal Development industry and in today’s video, I ‘m going to show you what gratitude really is and why you should embrace it as a daily habit.
Click on the video below to learn about The Power of Gratitude
To start adopting gratitude as a daily habit:
- Start a gratitude journal – choose a format that will be accessible to you daily: a notebook, a Notes file in your phone or tablet, a Word or Google Docs document, or sending yourself a daily email that can be filed in a Gratitude folder
- Ensure you’re in a place of positive energy – if you’re feeling negative, shift your energy by recalling a happy memory, or watch one of these videos:
- Put aside 5-10 minutes per day to reflect on your life. Start your journal entry with the words:
“I’m so happy and grateful now that” and list 5 (or more) things you’re grateful for.
- If you don’t feel grateful at first, start with basic things you’re grateful for (or possibly take for granted) like your home, your health, your job etc. If you start with the words, the feeling of gratitude will follow over time.
It’s really that simple!
Please leave me a comment below and share any benefits you’ve experienced with gratitude. Stay tuned for next week’s video where I will show you how to leverage gratitude to boost your self-image.
Wishing you abundance and gratitude,