One of the questions I’m often asked as a coach is: once you’ve set your goals for the year, how can you ensure you stay motivated and on track?
I generally provide two answers to this question:
- Firstly, you need to make sure that you’ve chosen a meaningful goal(s) by asking yourself:
– Am I able?
– Am I willing?
If you’re willing to make sacrifices to accomplish your goal, it’s usually a good sign that you’ve chosen a meaningful goal.
- Secondly, you can keep yourself motivated and on track by being accountable either to yourself or to someone else.
Watch the video below to discover how you can achieve your goals more quickly with accountability:
You can choose to stay accountable in one or more of the following ways:
- Being accountable to a partner or friend
- Being accountable to a coach
- Being accountable to yourself
Setting up an activity tracker to record your plans and results is also important because what gets measured gets done! Stay tuned for our upcoming video where you’ll learn how to set up your own activity tracker in Excel or Google Sheets.
Please leave a comment below and let me know if accountability has helped you to achieve any of your goals more quickly.
Have a wonderful week!